We are delighted to welcome you all back to school. As we begin another busy year we all know that our ‘Work Together’ rule will be even more important this year as we aim to ensure that our school is a safe and happy environment for the children. Responsibility for keeping our school ‘COVID’ free lies with each of us.
Letterkenny Educate Together National School opened its doors in 2006. We are located on an easily accessible central site in Letterkenny. Like all National Schools, our school is:
- governed by the Rules for National Schools
- run by a Board of Management staffed by personnel whose qualifications meet Department of Education and Skills criteria
- committed to delivering the Primary School Curriculum
- We are a rapidly developing school and a school of choice for a growing number of families in Letterkenny and its surrounds. Our school’s ethos is based on the following four principles:
- Equality Based – All children have equal rights of access to the school, and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co-educational – The school aims to encourage all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Children centred in their approach to education
- Democratically run – With active participation by parents in the daily life of the school, whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teacher
We hope that your introduction to our school through this website has made you eager to find out more.